Friday, June 12, 2009

Visa Appointment

Our visa appointment may not happen on June 25th. We were notified today that birth certificates are taking longer to get and that we could possibly not have a visa appointment on June 25th. It looks like it may be pushed back to July 9th. That is going to absolutely kill me. We have waited so long for a referral. Then again for a court date. And now they are adding another 2 weeks! I am not a happy camper! I want my son NOW!!!

I am praying very hard that they are able to get his birth certificate to complete his paperwork to be submitted to the embassy.

4 comments:

  1. oh no that suck im gonna have to light a fire under them i want my nephew! hopefully they get it completed and u can leave as planned

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I sure hope you get the June 25th date!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this is ridiculous. Seems like the whole process is just getting longer and longer. What in the world? I would not be as upset if we knew it was not going to be a 9 month process but a 18 - 24 month process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another thing! Shouldnt our agency make calls to the in country staff prior to court cases to ensure that paperwork is in order and all papers signed? The system is failing too often. The orphanages should already know what papers need to be sent. The in country staff needs to make sure all that paperwork is ready. I just dont understand why the babies and children need to sit at the HOH longer because people arent doing their job. Hang in there. But, by the way, I love his room!

    ReplyDelete